Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Basumati rice - 1cup
Green pepper - 1no
Onion - 1no
Pepper - 2tsp
Cloves - 3nos
Cinnamon - a small stick
Oil - 6-7tsp
Tomato - 2nos
salt - as required
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 10min.
2. Make a puree with tomato by adding little water.
3. Heat a kadai, add oil and once hot add cloves, cinnamon and ground pepper. Then add onion and green pepper cut into small pieces. Fry for a while.
4. Drain the rice and add it to the above mixture and mix thoroughly till the rice is dry. Remove from heat and transfer into electric rice cooker. Add salt and then the tomato puree. Once ready garnish with cashew and corriander leaves and serve hot. 1 cup rice - 2cup tomato puree.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Coconut is bad for health, especially for people with cholesterol, bp and diabeties. But occationally we can make it for the taste.
Coconut rice wtih pudina togayal and babycorn,cauliflower fritters.
Basumati Rice - 1 cup
Grean peas - 1/2cup
Onion -2 nos
Green chilli - 2nos
Cardamom - 1 nos
Cloves - 2-3nos
Cinnamon - a small piece
Sombhu - 1/2tsp
Khus Khus (optional) - 1/4tsp
Coconut milk - 1 cup
oil - 4tsp
Cashew - 5nos
Corriander leaves - little
1. Wash and soak rice for 15min.
2. Grind cardamom, cloves, sombhu, cinnamon, green chilli and little onions.
3. In a heated kadai add oil and then onion and saute for 2-3min and add the above mixture, saute thoroughly.
4. Then add the rice without water. Saute. Add green peas. Saute and remove after 3min.
5. Put the rice mixture into electronic rice cooker and add salt. Then add 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Mix and close it. Garnish with cashew and corriander leaves and serve hot.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
We went out on our wedding day for dinner and when we were ordering food, my daughter saw kulfi in the menu card and asked me what it was and how it would taste. So i ordered it and she liked it very much and wanted me to make it. After few days, i searched the internet and i came out with this recipe. It turned out to be delicious too!!!
Condensed milk (low fat) - 1tin
Thick cream - 1 (tub or bottle)
Evaporated milk - 3/4tin
Badam, cashew - 1onos
Saffron - few strands
Milk - 2tsp
Banana - 1/2
Choclate sauce - little
1. Soak saffron in milk and set it aside. Otherwise you can grind saffron with a tsp of sugar.
2. In a big mixing bowl, add condensed milk, cream and evaporated milk. Mix thoroughly. Add chopped badam and cashew. Then add saffron milk. Mix well.
3. Take few plastic tumblers or cups as you desire and fill them with the above mixture.
5. While serving take a plate and pour choclate sauce and dice the banana and keep them on the sides and microwave for 10-15sec. Then remove the kulfi from freezer and using a knife spade through the sides of the tumbler and turn it upside down. Then cut it into rounds and keep them in the center of the plate and decorate it with choclate sauce. The delicious kulfi is ready to eat.