Google

Monday, January 7, 2008

About my trip to India 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am back home after an enjoyable trip to India. My spirits and energy levels have been boosted up after visiting parents, in-laws, kith and kin. India has definitely changed a lot. Chennai life is pretty fast. Many new malls have come up in all places. There are lots of eating joints with very good stuffs which would definitely satisfy everyone's tastebuds, I bet. I heard from my relatives that the train service from velachery to beach is good and very convenient. It enables them to go to Parthasarthy temple in just 20mins, amazing!!!. I had been to coimbatore for 10days and went to Palani for my son's tonsuring, had a very good darshan of Lord Muruga. I stood in the sanctorum area for 20mins, watching the breathtaking abhishegam and maha deeparadana. I considered myself very lucky.




A good sight of Palani temple.


One day we visited Maruthamalai and had a good darshan.



My kids at Marudamalai top.



SriRangam Raja Kopuram

Later we hired a car and went to Sri Rangam. I specially wanted my kids to get a darshan of Lord Ranganathar. I wanted them to see his reclining posture, in all HIS glory. We went there on the eve of Vaikunda Ekadesi and therefore it was crowded. We had a good darshan of Thayar(Holy Consort) as well. Later i took them to malakkotai, showed them the shops around.

On our return we went to Namakkal and had a darshan of Lakshmi Narasimhar and Anjaneyar. We also visited the famous Shirdi Sai Baba temple at Coimbatore.


Namakkal Lord Narasimhar Temple





Namakkal Lord Anjenayar Temple


We then went to Bangalore where we had a good darshan of Lord Venugopalan and Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir at Malleswaram.




Lord Venugopal Temple, Bangalore



We Went to Iscon Krishna temple. Wow!!, we really enjoyed having darshan there. The canteen there is just amazing, we were spoiled for choice with mouth-watering snacks. My uncle then took us for a tasty sumptuous lunch at MTR, situated next to Lalbagh Gardens.




Elephants stationed at the circus camp after the show.


We then went to Jumbo Circus. Enjoyed the show very much as we were reminded of our childhood days.

Back in Madras enjoyed doing shopping at Pondy Bazaar, Anna Nagar and of course GRT. Nothing can beat the colourful costumes and accessories paraded all along the city!!! We just enjoyed the snacks and chats in India. I really miss them here. I took my silver idols and got it gold plated at a shop named Thejus at G.N.Chetty Road, Chennai. If anyone is interested please write to me, I will forward the address to you. Now, God idols made of Navathaniyam are available. They are of light weight too which ensures easy portability.

No comments: